Charbot'sLife

The randomness, The woman, The legacy

November 02, 2005

Nerd Diva

It has been a while since I last wrote. The multiple comments, e-mails, etc. have reached their brink and I will succumb and write a post.

I have experienced a whole bunch this past month. First and foremost. I have made a new friend here in G-Rap. Her name is Kristine. She is a fellow SLF(Single Lutheran Female).

*****WOMEN OF THE WORLD******
If you are Lutheran, have attended any of the Concordias and graduated with OUT your MRS. degree or even a prospect of a MRS. degree you can proudly be classified as a SLF. Bonus points if you are a Professional Church worker.

Kristine and I enjoy drinking some beer, talking about crazy (in a good way) kids we work with, and watching Colin Firth movies....esp. Pride & Prejudice. We also discuss, big surprise, boys.

Recently, she and I celebrated Halloween with a little karaoke. She dressed up as a saucy feather boa bearing high school teacher. I myself was an 80's nerd. See picture:



She and I ventured into downtown Grand Rapids to a pub, The Black Rose. Monday is kareoke night at the Black Rose. After she worked a day at the Lutheran high school and I a day working at the church. An evening of beer and song (not beer songs mind you) lay before us. We arrived an hour and half early and stuck around until karaoke began. Finally the time came and Kristine, being a newbie at this whole karaoke thing, did not sing. I made up for her shyness by singing my classic : vogue. I thought it was very fitting given my choice of costume.

After that--we decided that we both had to be up early the next day, and we are no spring chicken anymore so we made our way home.

I was happily surprised to walk back to my car in the rain. A much needed rain in West MI and was a great close to our evening of Halloween karaoke fun.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Waaaaaaay too sexy to be a nyerd! Let's talk soon. I'm going through withdrawal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home