Charbot'sLife

The randomness, The woman, The legacy

November 05, 2005

It's my kinda town

Friday brought a b-e-a-utiful day outside and my mini-road trip to Chicago. I've never been to Chicago--I think we may have driven past it on the way to my aunt and uncles house back in the day. This time I drove into downtown and took in the sights, smells, and sounds of a real city.

As many of you know...I am a city girl. Bonafied. Cities are where it's at. Chicago has all the things you love about a city. Great food, great public transportation, museums and culture, people everywhere. It was so great to walk out of the parking garage, where I had put Sebastian down for his afternoon siesta, into a bunch of people walking to lunch or to meetings. City people have such purpose to thier walking. They may not even be going anywhere of huge purpose-it could just be to the store to get more milk or something. The manner in which they walk, however, is purposeful.

My purpose was the Art Institute of Chicago. I took my time looking at various Chicago landmarks (Sears tower, Chicago theatre, Bergdorrf's restuarant, etc). I finally got there and was able to walk around to hang with my men and women of masterpiece. Renior, Dali, Picasso, Cezanne, Monet, Seurat, Chagall, O'Keefe, Hesse. All the gang was there. Matisse was absent, he was off doing some research.

Here are some pictures of the wonderful collection:
Cezanne's "Basket of Apples"

Chagall's "The Circus Rider"

Picasso's "The Old Guitarist" (If you can look closely--look at how he painting the hands and arms in detail with the shadow and shape)

I closed out my day in Chicago people watching outside Sears tower, eating a PotBelly (apparently fammous in Chicago) sub/hogie while reading my book, more walking around just taking it all in. City life. Honking horns, people hailing taxi's. I walked back to Sebastian and headed home happy with my mini-adventure in a great city like Chicago.

The sun shone througout the day and when I started to head east on I-94 towards home it started to trickle rain but an amazing hazy sunset guided me.

5 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does a purposeful fall look like? I mean, if people from chicago walk with purpose they must fall like they meant it to happen. my throught feels smooth.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello charbot!

a toast for updating!
i love chicago too! I am a city girl as well... Im only 16 though... oh well. I guess I should say that I will BECOME a city-girl. NYC or Chicago. I prefer Chicago though. When I turn 18, Allison and I decided tro make a roadtrip there for my birthday. YAY! Welp, I'm off.
<3 jdawg
p.s. i like reading your friends comments... wow.. i feel like a reject.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap.. i meant a roadtrip to NYC.. i dont think i mentioned that. WHATEV. GOSH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home